We seek to employ an enthusiastic and energetic HR intern to assist with administrative and HR-related tasks. The HR intern’s responsibilities include updating employee absence records, filing HR documents accordingly, initiating background checks on shortlisted candidates, and providing suitable recommendations to improve HR policies. You should also be able to draft employee communications notifying staff of policy and procedural changes.
To be successful as an HR intern, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in labour legislation to determine how company HR policies may be affected. Ultimately, an outstanding HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
HR Intern Responsibilities:
- Updating company databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
- Screening resumes and applications to identify suitable candidates for employment at Glotelho.
- Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms, and eventually removing job advertisements once vacancies have been filled.
- Assisting in the planning of company events.
- Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
- Coordinating the induction of new hires.
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
HR Intern Requirements:
- Appropriate certificate in human resource management or related field.
- Excellent writing and presentation skill.
- Working knowledge of Cameroon labour laws.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Always pays attention to details.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Be bilingual (English and French).
- Be of excellent character and possess high integrity.