Senior Lead Software Engineer
We believe that getting help when you need it should be simple for all students, no matter their socioeconomic status. By giving students equal access to the academic support they need to succeed, Help.lk will help students to close the opportunity gap once and for all.
What is help.lk?
Let's take an example student, "Kamal", He has two classes after school, so by the time he gets home and starts his homework, it's already 10 pm. Kamal's parents can't help him. He's behind in math, and He has an exam tomorrow. We connect kamal with a 1-on-1 on-demand instant tutor for a short tutoring session. without Help.lk, Kamal has no one to turn to for help.
We use vueJs, MongoDb & NodeJs for our web app. We will be working on a new ReactJs mobile app. We're looking for a senior software developer who will be the direct contact of the CEO whose responsibility is to manage few interns and translate human language to developer language.
- Break the ground for the new mobile app.
- Manage few interns
- Set KPIs and targets for junior devs
- Translate new ideas into a developable concept.
- Maintain code quality and proper documentation
- Fine-tune our existing web application
- Ensure mobile-dependent users can have the same high-quality experience on mobile as they can on web
- Platform testing and fixing bugs.
- Help make decisions about our tech stack, architecture, product roadmap, and more
- Help out with product design and user testing to ensure we prioritize new features correctly
- Accept the extensively pivoting business structure and test everything to move forward.
- Have Managed a team, built & launched something from scratch
- Ability to learn new things.
- Fast learner who likes to pick up new skills
- (Bonus) Familiarity with our web app's tech stack: Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, and Vue.js
- (Double Bonus) Familiarity with TypeScript and Redux
- (Triple Bonus) Experience using design tools like Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Illustrator to create wireframes and vector graphics
Additional application materials:
- A portfolio of your work that includes at least two coding samples
- Anything else you think we should see (e.g., your website, Stack Overflow profile, etc.)
- One paragraph (max five sentences) in the body of your email on what most excited you about this job. Why are you applying? (Don't worry, we aren't judging your grammar or writing ability.)
We will pay you a small salary, but the best part is you will get a stake in the company., Join us if you want to make a change.