Senior Java Engineer - work from home
**This is a remote position!
Our client, a leader in mobile payment systems, is looking to bring on a Senior Java Backend Engineer that will be part of a team responsible for solving some of the complex backend problems related to the world of connected payments.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
The ideal candidate will be a backend developer with strong experience writing Java and /or Python services on Kubernetes, using MySQL and other NoSQL databases. As a PaaS Engineer, you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the services that are the backbone of our client. You will be expected to be a role model on coding standards, frameworks, platforms and other best practices for the rest of our client’s engineering team.
- Design and implement new services using cutting edge technologies to support Our Client in achieving its business goals.
- Collaborate with the architecture team to develop robust, portable, and interoperable solutions to the difficult problems faced by a growing organization.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to keep Our Client, and its customers, safe from emerging security threats.
- Take an active role in reducing the technical debt in our various codebases.
- Triage, debug, and assure the timely resolution of software defects.
- Expert developing Java Enterprise applications
- Expertise in architecting and developing scalable software solutions with gRPC based microservices in Spring Boot framework
- Experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka in high volume environments
- Working experience on Cassandra and caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache).
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
- Knowledge/expertise developing Python / Django web applications is a big plus.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
What will really get our attention
- Experience in payments processing or payments domain
- Experience in risk or compliance domains
- Experience integrating disparate systems together
What we offer
We believe that great work happens where people feel inspired and challenged. These are just a few things we offer to make this happen.
- Compensation in US Dollars.
- A very friendly and talented team.
- Full remote position - 100% work from home.
- Partnerships with top-notch clients in Silicon Valley.
How to apply
- Send us your LinkedIn profile and resume.
- Github account, personal projects, and any other extra information you believe will be useful for us to better understand your experience.
- Job application letters are always welcome!
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates.
Please don't hesitate to apply!